Freelance PR and External Communications Manager
|Posted:||Thu 13 Jun 2019|
|Closing Date:||Wed 31 Jul 2019|
Digital content producers
PR & comms officers
PR account executives
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||To be negotiated|
|Sector:||News and Content Agencies, Public Relations|
PR and External Communications Manager – Finance.co.uk
Finance.co.uk is an online comparison site for financial products.
The PR and External Communication Manager will be responsible researching and developing financial related stories through extensive market research and customer surveys. Build strong relationships within the media and obtain top level publications to build the reputation of Finance.co.uk and differentiate us in the comparison marketplace. Creating campaigns and content that shows us as leaders and innovators.
This is a senior role within the communications team and will work closely with our colleagues in marketing and as we start to tell a joined-up story about how we are shaping the future of Finance. You will have the ability to:
- Have a voice at the table - partner with leaders to deliver an external communication strategy, identifying where communications can add value.
- Think big and long-term - build Finance.co.uk’s reputation by creating and executing an external communication strategy to support business priorities.
- Make an impact - drive the tactical delivery of this strategy.
- Be a dynamic leader – work with the communications team and agency staff as required.
- Invest and spend wisely - manage a budget and track the impact of your choices.
You’ll have a flair for creating effective and engaging external communication strategies and an eye for seeking out great stories and content.
By developing external corporate communications campaigns aligned to Finance.co.uk’s narrative, you will build our reputation as a valued and trusted voice on Financial products.
You will also be a single point of contact with Group Press Office and other areas of Finance.co.uk for developing owned and earned media activity for the business.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the communications team and the business to identify stories that can make an impact externally.
You will work with marketing to make sure there is unified messages on all media/ social media channels.
Operating in a safe and compliant manner is critical for Finance.co.uk and as the External Communications Manager you will ensure our crisis communications plan and procedures are up to date and well-practiced.
You’ll be a trusted advisor for our senior leaders, anticipating issues and sharing advice, best practice and insight.
Measurement matters. You’ll continuously evaluate and report on the impact and effectiveness of communication channels and activity.
- With marketing teams responsible for product and sponsorship PR this role must identify the reputational and corporate level communication opportunities, using brand and product references to support this.
- You’ll need to demonstrate resilience, flexibility, and a willingness to explore different paths to achieve desired outcomes, adjusting quickly and efficiently to changing circumstances.
- This is a nationwide business and you will need to think how stories and content translate in different markets.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent), you’ll have several years’ experience advising leaders on reputation, communication and brand issues.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Media relations, External affairs, or consultancy background
- Strong written communication skills to convey technical or complex information simply, effectively and creatively.
- Strategic agility, negotiation and foresight
- Crisis communication experience, influencing and coaching skills
- Excellent organizational/project management skills using Microsoft Office 365 tools
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
Nice to haves:
- Financial services external communications experience
Can work freelance if preferred or from our office in Manchester
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 20th June 2019.
Finance.co.uk United Kingdom