External Affairs Officer
|Posted:||Tue 23 Nov 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mon 6 Dec 2021|
Media relations roles
Other media roles
PR & comms officers
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||Up to £27,960 including London Weighting and on call allowance|
|Sector:||National Media, News and Content Agencies, Public Relations, Other Media|
External Affairs Officer
Location: London (preferable, with some remote working allowed)
Role: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £27,960 including London Weighting and on call allowance
About the role
We are looking for a media relations professional to join our fast-paced, supportive and hard-working team at the NHS Confederation and help to place the experiences of health leaders at the centre of national health reporting. As External Affairs Officer you will be responsible for a range of activities, including:
- helping us to maintain a high profile and an excellent reputation with journalists and other key partners.
- liaising directly with journalists from across all forms of media as well as the press offices of our key national stakeholders.
- helping to develop a range of proactive stories, as well as responding quickly to emerging events, including enquiries from journalists and statements about breaking news.
- monitoring the news agenda, as well as supporting our social media presence and our internal planning
- helping to brief of our senior spokespeople, ahead of their media interviews
We would love to hear from you if you:
- have experience in a media relations role and understand what makes a story
- have excellent written and oral communication skills
- thrive in working in a fast-paced environment and can juggle proactive and reactive workloads at the same time
- are organised, have fresh ideas and are great at building relationships
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their understanding of media relations, build their contact base and contribute to improving the NHS and the experiences of its workforce, while being exposed to broader communications disciplines, including stakeholder management and public affairs.
Please download the job description and complete the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs. If you require the application form in another format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 6th December 2021
Interview date: TBC
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 6th December 2021.