Wellington Weekly News and West Somerset Free Press
Based: West Somerset / Wellington
|Posted:||Mon 1 Aug 2022|
|Closing Date:||Mon 15 Aug 2022|
|Employer:||Tindle Newspapers Ltd|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Editor: West Somerset/Wellington
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Editor to join Wellington Weekly News and West Somerset Free Press, part of Tindle Newspapers Limited. This role will be based in our Wellington and Williton offices. However, some home-based work will be considered, as business needs dictate.
This role will work across several publications and take the lead in ensuring high-quality content across both our paper and digital presence.
The Key tasks are:
- To champion your brands by setting and delivering the news agenda with the needs of the readers/users uppermost, and to drive this focus through the business.
- To create and deliver the agreed editorial strategy for all platforms.
- To immerse yourself and the brands in the community. Ensuring you know and regularly communicate with the key participants across the region.
- To Guide and coach members of the team to achieve the editorial and business objectives.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure relevant, high quality, improving newspapers and websites; maintain an overview of the whole content of the brands.
- Manage your team and processes to meet all agreed copy and picture deadlines.
- Support the training and development of staff through individual reviews and training appraisals and provide on-the-job coaching.
- Participate with the relevant senior management team, ensuring to play a full role in help deliver the Group’s goals.
- Encourage the team to be aware of the market and think commercially.
- Develop fresh ideas that will increase circulation and/or add value for readers.
- Maximise interaction with readers and users – ensures continuous analysis, feedback, and action.
- Ensure content is legally and ethically sound.
- Act in line with Tindle Newspaper Limited core ethics and values.
Experience and qualifications:
- Journalism degree/diploma or equivalent, Media Studies qualification or NCTJ recognised qualification is essential.
- Journalism experience is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have Regional Editor experience, although this role may also be suitable for someone who is ready to step up and has held the position of Editor, or News Editor before.
- News editing experience on digital and print platforms.
- Copy to page and digital platforms production experience.
- Experience with a Website Content Management Tool.
- Experience with using social media.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of managing a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In return, you will get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, NEST Pension, Paid Sick Leave and the chance to develop your career in a respected and well-established company, along with a chance to work in an environment where the local community is at the heart of what we do.
Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 15th August 2022.
Tindle Newspapers Ltd United Kingdom