Wellington Weekly News and West Somerset Free Press
Based: Wellington and Williton
|Posted:||Wed 30 Mar 2022|
|Closing Date:||Tue 24 May 2022|
|Employer:||Tindle Newspapers Limited|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Editor – Tindle Newspaper Limited – Somerset
This is an exciting opportunity for an Editor to join Wellington Weekly News and West Somerset Free Press, part of Tindle Newspapers Limited. This role will be based in our Wellington and Williton offices.
This role will work across several publications and take the lead in ensuring high-quality content across both our paper and digital presence.
The Key tasks are:
- To champion your brands by setting and delivering the news agenda with the needs of the readers/users uppermost, and to drive this focus through the business.
- To create and deliver the agreed editorial strategy for all platforms.
- To immerse yourself and the brands in the community. Ensuring you know and regularly communicate with the key participants across the region.
- To Guide and coach members of the team to achieve the editorial and business objectives.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure relevant, high quality, improving newspapers and websites; maintain an overview of the whole content of the brands.
- Manage your team and processes to meet all agreed copy and picture deadlines.
- Where required support the training and development of staff through individual reviews and training appraisals and provide on-the-job coaching.
- Participate with the relevant senior management team, ensuring to play a full role in help deliver the Group’s goals.
- Encourage the broader team to be aware of the market and think commercially.
- Develop fresh ideas that will increase circulation and/or add value for readers.
- Maximise interaction with readers and users - ensures continuous analysis, feedback, and action.
- Ensure content is legally and ethically sound.
- Act in line with Tindle Newspaper Limited core ethics and values.
We would consider candidates from different levels of experience as we have some scope to shape the role to fit a great candidate. As such you may be a snr journalist looking to move into their first official content editor role, or an experienced Editor with a proven track record delivering across different publications or regions.
The candidate will also need to have experience of the following:
- Experience of Adobe Indesign/Atex or similar software
- Experience with a Website Content Management Tool
- Experience with using social media
In return, you will get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, NEST Pension, Paid Sick Leave, an Employee Support Line and the chance to develop your career in a respected and well-established company, and a chance to work in an environment where the local community is at the heart of what we do.
Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Tuesday 24th May 2022.
Tindle Newspapers Limited United Kingdom