|Posted:||Thu 9 Sep 2021|
|Closing Date:||Thu 23 Sep 2021|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||Dependant on experience|
The Peterborough Telegraph is one of the largest-selling weekly newspapers in JPIMedia with one of the biggest digital audiences, covering a number of communities in the heart of England.
A busy news patch, the Telegraph reports on every aspect of life in Peterborough through its seven days a week digital coverage and weekly print edition.
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic editor to drive forward the local news agenda both online and in print.
Running a team of reporters, you will deliver the stories that matter for local people and champion the city of Peterborough.
Adept at managing a broad content plan, you will be as comfortable in the fast-paced world of digital publishing as producing great print editions of the title.
This is a role for someone who wants to make a difference, can provide leadership and offer a voice for local people in fighting for their concerns.
- Deliver the content plan for the live team and fulfil publishing schedule needs
- Own the social media publishing schedules and increase engagement
- Own breaking news delivery services, such as WhatsApp
- Page view delivery
- Manage resource in line with audience demands
- Quality, engagement, integrity
- Target live search
- Spot opportunities to maximise audience
- Understand and adapt to digital platforms
- Instill and enforce digital best practice
- A keen eye for a story and an understanding of what drives audiences
- Ability to follow analytics, identify content trends and come up with original content ideas
- Understand how to drive engagement and audience through social media
- Be capable of outputting the print edition
- Be capable of managing the timely output of accurate copy
- Be capable of responding to live news in the most effective way
Application of role:
- Directing resource at live events with the biggest audience potential
- Keeps an eye on analytics and trending content tools to make live decisions based on probable outcomes
- Communicates constantly with other editors
- Adherence to KPI dashboard requirements
- Participation on weekend rota
JPIMedia is committed to being an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We encourage and consider flexible working arrangements for all roles.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 23rd September 2021.
Phone: 0207 147 1540