Based: Oldham, Greater Manchester
|Posted:||Thu 12 Mar 2020|
|Closing Date:||Fri 10 Apr 2020|
Social media specialists
|Employment Type:||Full time|
EDITOR - iNTERGAMINGi
InterGame Ltd is the world’s leading publisher of pay-to-play amusements and gaming industry news, comment and analysis. Our stable of print and digital publications includes InterGame, the authoritative monthly magazine for the international pay-to-play amusements industry; InterGaming, the must-read monthly title for the global casino industry and iNTERGAMINGi, the definitive bimonthly magazine for the burgeoning igaming sector.
Full-time and office-based in Oldham, the successful candidate will oversee the scheduling and content of our bimonthly igaming magazine, iNTERGAMINGi, and its associated publications and news channels.
- Schedule, allocate and oversee content relating to the igaming sector.
- Take responsibility for meeting relevant production deadlines.
- Write engaging news, features and ‘supported editorial’.
- Manage any freelance content producers.
- Approve content, appearance and layout of the magazine.
- Liaise with sales team regarding any ‘supported editorial’ or advertorial.
- Comply with media law and industry regulations.
- Attend and report on industry events (some may be overseas).
- Proofread, edit and rewrite articles to meet in-house publication standards.
- Assist all staff to meet deadlines and in-house style sheets.
- Assist on other annual publications.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an editor, deputy editor or senior journalist role, ideally within print media.
- Demonstrable experience in producing relevant content to target audiences.
- Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key clients and industry experts.
- Willingness to lead a team and make editorial decisions.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Page layout skills, ideally using InDesign.
- Experience of using a content management system and posting on social media.
This position comes with an attractive package including 25 days’ holiday, a healthcare cash plan and free parking. It is based at our offices in Oldham, with easy access to both Manchester and Leeds and the Metrolink tram network.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter and links to at least three samples of published work to Susan Butterworth at email@example.com
Tel: 0161 633 0100
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 10th April 2020.