Somerset County Gazette
|Posted:||Fri 1 Oct 2021|
|Closing Date:||Fri 29 Oct 2021|
Digital content producers
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||Up to £25k plus bonus|
Up to £25k plus bonus
We are seeking an ambitious, digitally skilled and versatile journalist to unearth the best breaking news, features, leisure and trending stories on an incredibly lively patch.
You will be passionate about digital storytelling, be hard-working, full of ideas and have a desire to come up with innovative ways of presenting stories across various platforms.
A big part of the job will also be immersing yourself in social media, developing relationships and understanding what matters to the community.
We want to tell the stories our audiences care about - from covering crime and local politics to telling powerful human interests and championing the best of the town.
You’ll also ask the questions that hold power to account and want to play a part in helping communities build back following the pandemic.
You will either be an NCTJ-qualified trainee or have a journalism degree. If your degree is not NCTJ accredited, we will provide the relevant additional training for you to become a fully NCTJ qualified journalist.
A driving licence is essential, as is access to a car. We work on a rota basis with some early and late shifts as well as some weekend working.
You will be:
- Brimming with ideas on how to tackle the remit and get the most out of it digitally
- Fully across what digital readers want from local news coverage
- A digital native, with digital storytelling at the forefront of all you do
- Excellent at developing relationships with key contacts to improve coverage
- Driven to succeed using the digital analytics tools at your disposal
- A self-starter, brilliant with time management
Perks of the job:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Employee rewards programme
- Cinema vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- High street vouchers
- Virgin Media discount
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to Hussain Bayoomi, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 29th October 2021.