|Posted:||Fri 26 Jul 2019|
|Closing Date:||Wed 28 Aug 2019|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
TTG started life in 1953 as the Travel Trade Gazette - the first weekly travel trade newspaper in the world. In the 65 years since then, TTG has continued to be the industry-leading B2B media bible, connecting, informing and inspiring travel professionals working across the UK and Ireland, alongside a portfolio of other publications.
Now a thriving, independent, multi-platform business, TTG Media is at the heart of one of the most exciting industries in the UK today. We deliver not only news and educational content to our audience online and in print, but also offer a range of award ceremonies, conferences and networking events, plus bespoke marketing campaigns, recruitment, and so much more.
Due to our growth we are seeking a Digital Reporter, a new role for the brand.
You'll primarily be responsible for writing, editing and publishing digital content on ttgmedia.com, and ensuring our written content is produced in a timely way, and to the highest possible standards. It will include generating, writing and uploading breaking news and the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced and expanding team.
- Writing copy that is accurate and brilliantly presented, writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines and making use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- May be asked to manage digital channels including social media feeds.
- Liaising with the News Editor and Editor to ensure priorities are met.
- Using the wires and nationals to source travel trade relevant stories and renosing to make them relevant for our audience
- Building up PR contacts to assimilate on-diary stories, and working with the wider news team to secure off-diary stories
Essential skills required for the role
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Proficient in using a modern CMS
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role elsewhere
- An understanding of the travel industry is not essential, but would be extremely useful
- Experience of writing and sub-editing stories on digital platforms
- Experience of working in news, ideally within business or local/national news
- Thorough understanding of social media and SEO
- Strong news sense and judgment.
- Digital publishing skills needed
- Enthusiasm, imagination and digital ideas are essential
- Strong news sense and judgment – including understanding of media law
- Experience using website and social media analytics to adapt digital content strategy accordingly
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Resilient and focused
- Keen multitasker
- Excellent time management
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 28th August 2019.
TTG Media United Kingdom