Based: UK Wide
|Posted:||Thu 5 Dec 2019|
|Closing Date:||Thu 30 Jan 2020|
|Employer:||Newsquest Media Group|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Do you get a kick out of seeing your ideas go viral? Can you spot the sort of story that audiences will love? And do you like the sound of getting what you write in front of millions of eyeballs right across the UK?
If so, we’ve got the role for you, as a founding member of Newsquest’s new Central Digital Content Team.
With more than 160 news brands in every corner of the UK, Newsquest’s unrivalled audiences are yours to entertain, inform, delight and engage.
Working for one of the country’s most trusted news organisations, you’ll have the opportunity to produce content that varies in scope from hot national topics and social media trends to evergreen content and agenda-setting national conversation starters.
One minute you’ll be breaking news to our entire network, the next you’ll be helping plot the next big viral sensation – as well as sniffing out what might come next.
Who are you?
You have experience in a digital publishing environment, preferably with a news focus. The ability to know what engages audiences is a must-have skill and just as important.
You’ll have an instinct for what will interest and engage our readers, a desire to see what you produce to reach the largest possible audience and a drive to attract new people to read our content and follow our social channels.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing unique content every day with guidance from team leaders
- Taking existing content, or third-party copy and making it sing for wider audiences and for internal sharing on Newsquest sites
- Spotting Newsquest content that has potential and maximising its appeal for internal sharing opportunities
- Aiming high to break records and exceed targets for stories and audience figures
- Making relationships with the movers and shakers in PR and managing those contacts to drive your agenda-setting articles
- Writing all content to follow Newsquest’s in-house style requirements while ensuring it complies with all relevant media law and copyright legislation.
- Being a stickler for grammar and house style so your content fits effortlessly within the wide range of stories on our news feeds and sites.
What skills you’ll have
- Deft skill at creating, rewriting and versioning snappy content with personality
- Knowledge of optimising content for readers, search engines and social media
- A drive to achieve daily and weekly traffic targets
- Complete confidence with the digital and publishing tools you’ll need to get the job done to the highest standard
- An understanding of how to analyse performance online, and how to act on it
- Good knowledge of SEO best practice and how to write engaging, interesting social posts
- An instinctive understanding of what makes a story engaging through writing style and presentation
- A good understanding of what audiences want need and enjoy.
- A strong news sense to spot and deliver content that informs/entertains/intrigues/delights/resonates, and the ability to know what might strike a chord nationally and regionally
- A positive attitude, good sense of humour and great team player
- A natural problem solver who’s organised and can work to deadlines
- A strong news sense to balance what will engage and interest audiences while maintaining journalistic integrity through our role as a trusted news brand
The location of where the roles will be based is TBC as work can be done remotely so all applications are welcome.
We also offer a competitive salary and bonus package, generous company benefits, remote working opportunities and the chance to work with some of the UK's best known local news brands.
To apply. please send your CV to email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 30th January 2020.
Newsquest Media Group United Kingdom