Edinburgh Evening News
|Posted:||Wed 6 Feb 2019|
|Closing Date:||Wed 20 Feb 2019|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Do you have a passion for great content, quality journalism and the ability to spot a trending story?
Do you want to be a leader in the team behind one of the biggest and fastest growing news websites in Scotland?
We are looking for a talented individual to join our leadership team and help us grow our website while continuing to produce engaging content for the people of Edinburgh and the Lothians.
With a natural understanding of social media and a grounding in SEO, you will help develop our key content areas around news, sport and lifestyle.
Your ability to work in a team environment both locally, and across the JPIMedia group, will be of the highest quality, and you will enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment, with a clear understanding that no two days, weeks, months or years will be the same.
Who you are:
- Passionate and committed to serving our audience.
- Hungry to learn and be successful.
- Open to new ideas and change.
- Able to lead others by example in order to achieve objectives.
- Encourage innovation and constant improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand the importance of meeting audience needs, wishes and aspirations.
- Enthusiastic about online news.
- Flexible, personable, and solutions oriented attitude.
What you will do
- Ensure The Edinburgh Evening News is the first port of call for Edinburgh news.
- Ensure our content is engaging using digital production skills.
- Understand our digital audiences and the content required to meet and exceed their expectations.
- Play an active role in spotting and executing news and feature opportunities.
- Monitor and manage social media accounts
- Work with our news teams to develop best-in-class working practices amongst our journalists for digital content.
- Assisting in developing and implementing our audience growth strategy in order to meet and exceed audience targets.
- A demonstrable background in building audiences at content-based businesses.
- Good understanding of data and analytics and how to derive actionable insight.
- A background in SEO as well as a deep understanding of how to drive engaged audiences through social media and other websites.
- An excellent writer and editor, with an understanding of media law and the editors’ code.
- Be a strong team player and natural collaborator.
- Have the experience and people skills required to engage in a busy newsroom environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and responding quickly to content opportunities.
JPIMedia is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply here: https://jpinternal.tazio24.com/1-10457-1215
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 20th February 2019.