Deputy Picture Editor
|Posted: Wed 3 Jan 2018||Closing Date: Wed 17 Jan 2018|
Photographers and picture desk
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||News and Content Agencies|
Department: PA Photos Ltd: News Pics - Picture Desk
Working from our London newsroom, you will be helping to lead one of the largest teams of photographers working across the UK and Ireland to deliver stunning imagery for the agency's wide range of content services, including the picture wire and multiple digital feeds to websites. Every day you will be ensuring our wide range of customers get the must-see images from some of the most important planned and unplanned events in the land.
You will work on the PA’s main newsdesk, a key member of a multi-skilled team reacting to the ever-changing news agenda to ensure that we cover the stories our customers want with words, pictures and video.
It's a job where two days are never the same and your contribution and decisions will make a real difference to the people who use our pictures.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for great photography
- A proven ability to manage a team
- First class knowledge of media law, good journalistic practice and the Editors´ Code of Conduct
- An ability to deliver off-diary stories as well as manage the coverage of planned events
- An understanding of the use of social media to both find news events and promote our imagery
- The ability to calmly prioritise heavy workloads against frequent tight deadlines
- An innovative approach to picture news gathering
- Impeccable editorial judgement
- A clear understanding of how picture needs may differ across print, digital, broadcast and social media
- A clear knowledge of how video can support PA’s story-telling
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and details of your current salary by email, with DPE vacancy in the email subject field to:
Closing date: 17 January 2018
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 17th January 2018.
Press Association United Kingdom