|Posted:||Tue 21 Sep 2021|
|Closing Date:||Tue 16 Nov 2021|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Regional Media, Specialist Media|
DEPUTY EDITOR (NORTH WEST)
Independent regional B2B media company Insider Media is looking for a Deputy Editor to join its editorial team in MANCHESTER.
Based in Manchester city centre, a hub of business activity, innovation and globally significant developments, the Deputy Editor will be a be a skilled writer, able to translate complex business subjects into information of benefit to a readership of company directors, owners and senior business leaders.
The Deputy Editor will also represent North West Business Insider at events and take responsibility for chairing roundtables as well as moderating panel debates and addressing guests at black-tie dinners. Insider’s North West division hosts more events than any other region and the successful candidate should enjoy public speaking and interaction with an audience.
This is an exciting and rewarding role for an ambitious individual keen to develop a career in business journalism.
- Feature writing for North West Business Insider. The successful candidate will be expected to get behind the scenes to give Insider insight into how entrepreneurs are increasing profit and making their businesses successful across a wide range of business sectors to inspire and inform our readers
- Organising, chairing, compering and writing articles post-events such as round table discussions, networking events, panel debates and black-tie dinners
- Building contacts, developing and maintaining relationships in the North West business community
- Contributing new ideas and features that are commercially viable
- Working closely with the Editor and Membership team to increase awareness and grow the readership
- Proven experience in a relevant role
- 5+ years in writing for business
- The ability to create interesting magazine articles based on research and quality interviews.
- English or Journalism degree is desirable
- Previous experience of public speaking would be an advantage.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right applicant.
Insider offers careers not just a job and we are interested to hear from those whose ultimate ambition is to edit their own magazine.
How to apply:
Send your full CV plus 3 articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to Miri Thomas, Group Editorial Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Tuesday 16th November 2021.
Insider Media United Kingdom