Cheshire Life, Yorkshire Life and Lancashire Life
Based: Home Based
|Posted:||Thu 11 Apr 2019|
|Closing Date:||Fri 26 Apr 2019|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Deputy Editor – Life North Magazines
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Editor to work on our lifestyle magazines; Cheshire Life, Yorkshire Life and Lancashire Life. Each month our Life North magazines are packed with features about each of these dynamic parts of England – from people and places to homes and interiors and food and drink.
The role of the Deputy Editor is to create and supply content for the three titles in order to deliver Archant Life’s strategic aims. The Deputy Editor must be able to initiate features, brief freelances, write high quality content in magazine and online, sub-edit content, write headlines, work to deadlines and manage times, show organisational and forward planning skills and to represent the company as required. The nature of the publications means a flexible approach to work is essential and an ability to prioritise.
YOU WILL HAVE
- Proven editorial experience
- A background in magazines or lifestyle pages on a newspaper
- A strong visual sense with the ability to create strong covers
- Great commercial awareness
- Experience in writing features and commissioning copy
- Strong networking skills
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary of up to £28,000
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
* We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
* Every member of our company receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
* There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
* Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
* Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
* We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 26th April 2019.
Archant United Kingdom