The East Anglian Daily Times, Ipswich Star
|Posted: Mon 16 Apr 2018||Closing Date: Fri 27 Apr 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Would you like a role in one of the most lively and forward-thinking news teams in the east, working for some of the country’s best and brightest daily and weekly newspapers and websites? If so, then we want to hear from you.
The East Anglian Daily Times and its sister paper the Ipswich Star are respected for their balanced perspective and renowned for exacting writing and sharp photography, delivering local, national and international news and sport to tens of thousands of readers across Suffolk and north Essex in our print titles, their ever-growing websites and a host of successful weekly publications and websites.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced senior journalist to take on more responsibility and become a recognised leader in the content room.
Working from our new offices opposite Ipswich Town’s football ground, you will be one of the newsdesk editors in the senior team behind the East Anglian Daily Times and the Ipswich Star online and in print, working to ensure we are providing brilliant content for digital and print platforms.
You will be an excellent journalist, able to define the agenda and to create, commission and edit content for digital and print which engages a large, loyal, local audience, using a wide variety of formats and ensuring what is produced looks good across all platforms.
Your role will include producing creative and relevant quality content lists, ensuring a flow of quality relevant content throughout the day, managing the Visual team to ensure a supply of engaging and relevant visuals, video, galleries, listicles, features as required.
You will be ready to provide direction and leadership within the Content Room and our digital properties, and you will be expected to run the Content Room on a rota basis.
You will also be responsible for the Visual team which will include photographers / video journalists, image curators and a picture desk coordinator.
This role involves shift work, including some evenings and weekends. Knowledge of Atex P-Series CMS is useful but not essential
You will have:
- A level standard qualifications and be NCTJ / JQJ qualified
- Experience in a senior editorial position on a daily or weekly newspaper , or on a website of scale
- Experience of developing and leading a team of reporters
- Experience of developing and executing innovative visual content online or in print
- Excellent news judgement
- A good knowledge of Suffolk
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary in the range £30,000 - £35,000 pa
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Plus, the opportunity to work on highly respected papers and the chance to live in one of the most beautiful regions in the country!
We will be calling and shortlisting for interview on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
For further details of the role please go to www.archant.co.uk/careers/vacancies.
To apply, please email your completed application to email@example.com. For any queries contact Jane Berry, HR Advisor on 01473 324865.
Closing date for receiving completed applications is 27 April 2018.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 27th April 2018.
Archant Suffolk IPSWICH United Kingdom