Border Telegraph and Peeblesshire News
|Posted:||Mon 16 Dec 2019|
|Closing Date:||Fri 31 Jan 2020|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
The Border Telegraph and sister title Peeblesshire News are seeking a Content Editor to lead and manage a team of reporters to create, develop and publish great content across all platforms.
We are looking for a creative newsroom leader who is passionate about news, both in print and online, to take soaring audience growth to the next level.
An experienced journalist, you will be able to skilfully direct the editorial team and help coach trainees. You will know what makes a compelling and engaging story and have a strong understanding of digital and social media.
This is an ideal chance for a senior/chief reporter who wants to take the next step, or a content editor/content manager who wants to put their news skills to greater use.
Reporting to the Group Editor, responsibilities include:
- Developing the editorial direction and content of these two weekly titles, their websites and social media channels
- Organise news coverage and manage a team of reporters, including running the daily news diary and staff rota to ensure news coverage seven days a week
- Ensuring a steady flow of copy and pictures, and a good content mix for all platforms we publish on
- Coach and guide reporters to help them source off-diary exclusives
- Guide reporters in placing stories on pages and review and revise copy as necessary
- Ensure print deadlines are met and completed pages are sent in good time to production teams
- Run a daily web and social media publishing schedule with thought to content mix and audience spikes, including at weekends, adhering to company best practice
- Monitor uploading of stories to web and addition of digital elements to help drive traffic
- Create and nurture relationships within the community
- Have a sound knowledge of media law
- Liaise with and support other departments including advertising, newspaper sales and marketing
The successful candidate will be based at our office in Galashiels, in the beautiful Scottish Borders.
This position includes a generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme plus other benefits available to you as a Newsquest employee.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 31st January 2020.
Newsquest United Kingdom