Eskdale & Liddesdale Advertiser (E&L)
Based: Langholm, Dumfries and Galloway
|Posted:||Wed 7 Apr 2021|
|Closing Date:||Fri 23 Apr 2021|
|Employer:||Muckle Toon Media CIC|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
The Location - The ancient Burgh of Langholm (1621) is a 17th century woollen mill town on the banks of the River Esk, rich in history and surrounded by stunning landscapes. Only a few miles over the Border, Langholm, the ‘Muckle Toon’ is the first town in Scotland on the scenic and historic A7 route to Edinburgh.
There is a primary school, a well respected secondary academy, child care facilities, pubs, restaurants and a modern entertainment venue.
For outdoor enthusiasts there are leisurely riverside and woodland walks as well as a network of more challenging waymarked walks, cycle trails and salmon and sea trout fishing on the Esk. And for sports enthusiasts, there is golf, rugby, football and cricket plus many more.
The Publication - First published in 1848, the Eskdale & Liddesdale Advertiser is the community owned (2017) weekly newspaper for Langholm and the surrounding area.
The printed and digital editions are published by a small, enthusiastic team of employees with the help of volunteers, owned by the community …. published for the community!
- this is a player manager job for a fully qualified journalistic all-rounder
- you will ‘own’ the weekly edition of the E&L, its website and social channels and take full responsibility (including legal) for all aspects of its publication
- you will engage with the community, build contacts and encourage local volunteers to contribute copy
- you will lead and develop our small, enthusiastic team to generate compelling content
- you will have full responsibility for the bottom line of the paper, becoming involved in all commercial aspects of the business – advertising sales, online subscriptions
- a senior NQJ journalism qualification
- proven history of creating engaging content
- website and social media skills
- access to a car to attend community events, activities and meetings
- be commercially aware with the ability to network amongst the community
- good IT and interpersonal skills
- a self-motivated individual with strong organisational skills who enjoys interacting with the community and creating engaging and compelling copy
- the package will be circa £25,000 dependant on the skills and experience of the candidate
- full-time and part-time applications will be considered
Applications with a CV and covering letter to
- Gillian McCartney at email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 23rd April 2021.
Muckle Toon Media CIC
54-56 High Street,Langholm,DG13 0JH United Kingdom