|Posted:||Fri 22 Apr 2022|
|Closing Date:||Fri 17 Jun 2022|
PR & comms officers
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Job Title: Communications Executive
Report to: Head of Communications
Location: Durham – Head Office
Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 per annum
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the FED’s communication programmes and activities that support its objectives.
- To maintain and enhance the FED’s reputation through pro-active and reactive communications, using all methods – internal, external, and social media.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring local, national and industry publications so the FED is updated with relevant industry information and breaking news and can react as necessary.
- Researching and writing pro-active story ideas and case studies for the FED website, via social media and to the national, regional and trade press.
- Drafting and distributing news releases via traditional and social media channels.
- Writing reactive statements and comments to breaking news.
- Responding to press enquiries quickly and efficiently.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of the FED’s campaigns.
- Assisting in the development of key messages and Q&As.
- Producing media briefing materials.
- Liaising with other departments to identify and maximise media opportunities over all Fed platforms.
- Assisting with proof reading and editing.
- Organising briefings for senior officials and members ahead of radio and TV interviews.
- Assisting in the production of Fed supplements – writing articles, proof-reading.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Strong writer able to deliver good quality copy quickly.
- Experience in a previous communications/PR role.
- Good social media skills.
- Media handling experience.
- Experienced in Content Management Systems (CRM).
- Computer literate with excellent command of MS office.
- Good understanding of all digital channels, email and social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate to and negotiate with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Adaptable, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent inter-personal skills - team worker but able to work on their own initiative.
- Creative, innovative, and enthusiastic.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Adam Lear firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 17th June 2022.
NFRN United Kingdom