Weston Mercury and North Somerset Times
|Posted:||Wed 12 Feb 2020|
|Closing Date:||Fri 28 Feb 2020|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Chief Reporter, Weston-super-Mare
We are looking for a dynamic, committed journalist to drive improved digital performance in Archant’s Somerset newsroom, home to the Weston Mercury and North Somerset Times.
Reporting to the Somerset Editor, the Chief Reporter role is a first step into newsdesk leadership for a talented and creative journalist with a passion for digital content. The two chief reporters work with the Somerset Editor to foster and maintain a large, loyal, local digital audience.
The successful candidate will have:
- Best digital practice in a newsroom with an audience-first strategy.
- Their senior NQJ qualification
- Proven experience of innovative digital news experience and a keen sense for the types of content which work online, and how best to present that content.
- A great news sense and be able to generate and deliver strong story ideas in areas beyond hard news – both for online and print.
- Expertise in SEO, social media and a variety of digital storytelling methods.
- Appetite for the use of analytics to inform newsroom decision-making.
- Ability to work flexibly with shift patterns including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Extensive reporting experience in a number of different fields, plus a strong knowledge of the Weston-super-Mare and North Somerset patch and its issues and characters, enabling you to source content from a defined news patch.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary £22k
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Annual volunteer day
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 28th February 2020.