East Anglian Daily Times (EADT)
|Posted: Thu 12 Apr 2018||Closing Date: Fri 27 Apr 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000|
BUSINESS WRITER, IPSWICH
Can you break the biggest business stories in the East of England? Are you capable of fostering relationships with the CEOs, deal-makers and politicians pulling the strings behind the Norfolk and Suffolk and Fenland economy?
The East Anglian Daily Times is searching for an experienced writer to join its award-winning team in Suffolk, covering one of the most dynamic areas for business news in the country.
You will have a hunger to break exclusive stories, and feel comfortable reporting on FTSE 100 companies, disruptive start-ups and big economic issues impacting the region.
You will be digitally-savvy, with a strong command of social media, and a willingness to find new ways of telling stories to our growing digital audience.
Reporting for the East Anglian Daily Times and its sister titles, you will be adept at writing hard news and feature-length analysis for a range of platforms. We will also help you hone your multi-media skills through our online channels.
We are looking for a journalist with at least two years’ experience who has worked on a regional daily newspaper, an industry publication or a leading business website. An NQJ qualification, or equivalent, is preferred but not essential.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
You can discover what it’s like to work here in our Careers Centre at www.archant.co.uk/careers and for a complete view of our portfolio, visit www.archanthub.co.uk
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
In return we offer a competitive salary in the range £25,000 - £30,000 pa and excellent benefits including generous annual leave, contributory pension and life assurance scheme (after qualifying period) and a wide range of voluntary benefits including cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and Archant Gold, charity matched funding.
If you are interested please e-mail your completed application form, together with three examples of your best published work, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 27 April 2018.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 27th April 2018.
Archant Suffolk IPSWICH United Kingdom