Eastern Daily Press and the East Anglian Daily Times
|Posted: Thu 11 Oct 2018||Closing Date: Mon 29 Oct 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Business Editor - Norfolk/Suffolk
As Business Editor for East Anglia you will develop and grow a team producing content across multiple platforms for brands including the Eastern Daily Press and the East Anglian Daily Times.
You will become the go-to-expert on and public face of business journalism in East Anglia, developing and nurturing relationships within the EA business community.
You will develop the members of your team, often using analytics to celebrate success and pinpoint areas of improvement.
You will drive the creation of business-focused content for users who are not part of the local business community but for whom local business affects every part of their lives.
You will drive the creation of content which answers the needs of the business community (including some paid content).
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in a senior editorial position on a website of scale and/or a daily/weekly newspaper.
- NCTJ/NQJ qualification or equivalent
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the business community
- Ability to develop content that is targeted and relevant to local audiences online and in print
- Clear understanding of best practice in digital publishing and the use of social media to amplify and engage
- Ability to produce wide variety of content beyond text – video, gallery, social, quiz, listicles, features etc
- Knowledge and understanding of media law, IPSO and the Code of Practice.
IN RETURN WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Company car, laptop and phone
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Free weekly & monthly publications
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
How do I apply?
If this role interests you and you wish to apply, please complete an application form and submit, together with your CV to Norfolkapplications@archant.co.uk. The closing date for receiving applications is Monday 29 October 2018.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 29th October 2018.
Archant United Kingdom