South West Business Insider
|Posted:||Fri 16 Apr 2021|
|Closing Date:||Fri 14 May 2021|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Regional Media, Specialist Media|
South West Business Insider
Business Editor, South West
Insider Media Limited is the UK’s largest regional B2B media company. It is continually expanding its portfolio of B2B services and products and is looking for a talented Business Editor with print magazine experience to join the editorial team in the South West.
Based in our central Bristol office, the role will be to write for Insider’s market-leading business magazine, interview senior business leaders, and analyse and report on all aspects of business in the region. The Business Editor will also take the stage at some of our events and support our digital news team with exclusive news items and leads.
Reporting to the Editor the Business Editor will:
- Have 2+ years journalism experience, ideally with knowledge of writing for a business audience.
- Ideally have an English or Journalism degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Be a highly organised individual able to prioritise the events and editorial workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure with a strong sense of accountability.
- Be creative and forthcoming with new ideas and features.
- Be a skilled writer, able to get to the heart of complex business subjects
- Be comfortable in front of an audience online and in person. The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to present to audiences both small (chairing round table events for circa 8 – 10 attendees) and large black tie dinners for circa 500 people or more.
- Be social-media savvy and keen to engage with our audience in print, in person and online.
- Feature writing for South West Business Insider. The successful candidate will be expected to get behind the scenes to give Insider insight into how entrepreneurs are increasing profit and making their businesses successful across a wide range of business sectors to inspire and inform our readers.
- Demonstrating a strong awareness of complex business issues and conveying information that is of benefit to company directors, owners and senior business leaders.
- Organising, chairing, compering and writing articles post events such as round table discussions, networking events, panel debates and black tie dinners.
- Building contacts, developing and maintaining relationships in the South West business community.
- Contributing new ideas and features that are commercially viable.
- Working closely with the Editor and Membership team to increase awareness and grow the readership.
How to apply
Send your full CV plus 3 articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to Miri Thomas, Group Editorial Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insider Media is the UK’s largest independent regional B2B magazine, event and online publisher. Insider magazines provide business information of interest to company owners and directors. Events range from black tie award dinners to smaller gatherings for business leaders. Insider has over 100,000 online subscribers to its digital news service.
Job seniority: Associate
SKILLS: Editing, journalism, magazines, writing, business-to-business B2B, social media, publications, business, public speaking, corporate events
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 14th May 2021.
Insider Media United Kingdom