Audience and Content Editor
South Wales Argus
|Posted:||Fri 12 Apr 2019|
|Closing Date:||Fri 26 Apr 2019|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audience and Content Editor to help lead our editorial team in Newport, South Wales.
Working on the South Wales Argus titles and associated weekly papers you will need to be able to work alongside a content editor to direct our excellent reporters and be happy to help coach trainees.
You will understand what makes a compelling and engaging story and how to build a great newslist for print and online, write a great headline for all platforms and know what it takes to turn a press release into something readers actually want to share.
This is an ideal chance for a senior/chief reporter who wants to take the next step.
- Drive the stories
- Be reactive, creative, and full of ideas
- Be a methodical, organised multi-tasker
- Be passionate about detail
- Thrive on deadlines
- Understand the how and why of search and social
- Know who’s reading our stories, where and why
- Be able to inspire and enthuse a team
- Create the right mix of content, for the right time of day and platform
- Know exactly what makes a story and how to tell it for different platforms, from print to Twitter Moments.
- Have a good understanding of media law
Sounds like you? Then please send your application Editor Nicole Garnon Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 26, 2019.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 26th April 2019.
Newsquest Wales Newport,NP20