Gavin Aitchson, left, who had been news editor at York daily The Press since January 2010, has joined ecumenical campaign group Church Action on Poverty as its media co-ordinator.
After graduating from Cardiff School of Journalism, Gavin joined The Press as a trainee in 2005 and later served as the paper’s political reporter.
He combined his news editing duties with writing a weekly column about pubs and beer, winning the British Guild of Beer Writers regional award in 2013 and 2015.
Gavin became involved in campaigning when spearheading the Press’s own anti-poverty drive, Stamp Out Poverty.
As well as his current role, he is a trustee of the Yorkshire Anti-Poverty Alliance, a York-based charity.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
* Nick Statham has joined The Bolton News as a reporter covering the south of the borough, including the communities of Farnworth and Kearsley.
* Qasim Peracha has joined local news website Get West London as a video journalist. He was previously a reporter at the Buckinghamshire Advertiser & Examiner Series.
* Belfast Telegraph deputy editor Jonathan McCambridge has left his role.
* Carolyn Bointon has been appointed news editor of the Burton Mail. She was previously a senior reporter at F Stop Press and the Ashbourne News Telegraph.
* Jack Vittles, previously digital sports reporter at Wales Online, has been appointed Bristol Rovers reporter at the Bristol Post.
* George Allen has taken on the city centre reporter role at the Derby Telegraph, focusing on retail, technology, and LGBT stories.
* Surrey Mirror sports reporter Kaylee Seckington is now additionaly contributing to Get Surrey and Get West London as well as other Trinity Mirror titles in the South-East.
* Jack Duggan has joined the Rugby Advertiser as a reporter, having previously worked as a reporter at the Hastings & St Leonards Observer.
* The Liverpool Echo has appointed Amy Browne as acting executive editor, What’s On, covering for Laura Davis who is on maternity leave.
* Libby McBride has been appointed audience content editor for the Essex Chronicle Media Group. She was previously a senior reporter for the ECMG titles.
* Loughlan Campbell has been made political reporter for The News, Portsmouth, covering local government from Denmead to Southsea.
* Megan Charles has joined the Surrey Advertiser as a video producer, based at the paper’s Guildford office.
On the move yourself? Email email@example.com to let us know your news.