Tim Lethaby, left, has moved from editing the Blackmore Vale Magazine to take charge of the Somerset Guardian, Frome Standard and Mid Somerset Series, which includes the Central Somerset Gazette, Cheddar Valley Gazette, Wells Journal and Shepton Mallet Journal.
He replaces Bede MacGowan, who left the papers in November after three and half years as editor.
Bede has moved to a new role as online editor with Select Science, a global online publisher working with scientists and manufacturers across the world.
The move marks a return for Tim who was chief sub-editor at the Somerset titles before moving to Blackmore Vale in 2014.
Tim also worked at Northcliffe Newspapers’ production hub in Bristol between 2010 and 2011.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
* Adam Lovell is leaving his role as editor of Yorkshire Business Insider at the end of January to join Pepperells Solicitors from February. Business editor Ian Leech will take over as editor.
* Nicola Hine, previously assistant editor of the Maidenhead Advertiser, has been promoted to deputy editor, replacing Kelly Young who has left the paper.
* Lydia Morris has taken on the role of What’s On and Tourism Writer at the North Wales Daily Post.
* Kate Dodd has left her role as content manager at Archant Suffolk where she worked on the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star.
* Neil Macdonald has a new role at the Liverpool Echo as executive editor, audience engagement. He was previously head of web and data development at the Trinity Mirror title.
* Joseph Flaig has left his role as senior reporter at the Epping Forest Guardian
* Rebecca Younger has taken over as editor at Surrey Life with effect, replacing Caroline Harrap who has gone freelance.
* Chris Burn has moved from Sheffield daily The Star where he was a senior reporter to a feature writer role at The Yorkshire Post.
* Tom Seymour has left his role as sports editor of the Western Gazette to go freelance. His replacement is Stephen D’Albiac.
On the move yourself? Let us know your good news at firstname.lastname@example.org.