Sports journalist Marc Webber, left, has joined the University of Northampton where he will teach digital journalism course and help prepare its new BA sports multimedia journalism degree, which launches in September.
Marc has previously worked for ITV and the Press Association, and still works as a live matchday football reporter at weekends for BBC TV’s Final Score and Radio Five Live.
Matt Walsh, the university’s subject leader for journalism, media and performance, said: “Marc is a brilliant journalist with a track record of digital innovation. His passion for news and sport will help inspire students on the Multimedia Journalism degree.”
Marc began his career as a Saturday sports reporter at Red Dragon Radio, in Cardiff, before moving to the Financial Times in 1999.
He has also worked as a financial news producer on BBC Breakfast and, launch duty editor of PA’s online video service, assistant editor at The Sun online and head of content at ITV.com.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
- Dan Cooper has been promoted from reporter to news editor at the Newbury Weekly News.
- Evening Express reporter Rachel Loxton has left the Aberdeen-based title to go freelance. She will be based in Berlin and Scotland and plans to write news and features for various outlets.
- Fiona Dart has been appointed editor at Blackmore Vale Magazine replacing Tim Lethaby, who has become editor of the Mid Somerset Series, Frome Standard and Somerset Guardian.
- Brendan McFadden has joined Sheffield daily The Star as a senior multimedia reporter.
- Katie Nicholls has been appointed editor at Salisbury Life magazine.
- Matt Strudwick has left his role as a reporter at the Surrey Advertiser to join The Grocer as a reporter.
On the move yourself? Let us know your good news at firstname.lastname@example.org.