Archant’s head of editorial production, Mark Hindle, has been appointed into the new role of director of central content and production.
Elsewhere Rob Setchell, editor of the company’s Norwich based television channel Mustard TV, has been appointed as its head of content.
The role will see Rob, pictured above left, working alongside Archant’s editorial departments to provide video content which is “increasing in demand from both audiences and advertisers”.
Both Mark and Rob will report directly into Chief Content Officer Matt Kelly.
Said Matt: “As our audience’s demand for quality content across all platforms develops, so we too must change.
“These appointments underscore our continued commitment to creating relevant, engaging content – and help move us towards becoming the best local media company in the UK.”
Other recent job moves in the regional press include the following:
- The Scunthorpe Telegraph has appointed Trevor Green as sports editor in addition to his existing role as sports editor of the Grimsby Telegraph. Trevor replaces former sports editor Chris Sumpter.
- Amy Cole has been appointed as a reporter at the Somerset County Gazette
- The Newham Recorder has appointed Sophie Morton as acting news editor. Sophie, who previously served as a reporter at the Archant London weekly, replaces Freddy Mayhew, who is now news editor at Press Gazette.
- Ellie Cambridge has left her role as a reporter at the Surrey Comet.
- Shakila Barabhuiya has left her role as a community reporter at Portsmouth daily The News to join Badminton England as communications officer.
- Lauren Page has been appointed as entertainment reporter at Cumbria Live
- The Daily Record has promoted political editor David Clegg to the role of assistant editor (politics).
On the move yourself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.