The marketing and communications manager of the National Council for the Training of Journalists is leaving the organisation to return to her home city.
Lisa Nelson, left, joined the Essex-based training body as its journalism diversity intern in 2012, having gained work experience with the Belfast Telegraph, Belfast News Letter and BBC Northern Ireland.
She later became the NCTJ’s marketing and communications manager, responsible for all NCTJ marketing and comms activity.
Now she is heading back home to take up a public relations role with the Strategic Investment Board in Belfast, for whom she has also previously worked as a communications intern.
Other recent job moves in the UK regional press include the following:
- Suzanne Cleave has been appointed editor at the Cornish & Devon Post. She was previously deputy editor and succeeds Colin Brent who has retired.
- The Lancashire Telegraph has promoted Jon Robinson from the role of education reporter to deputy news editor.
- Tom Ambrose has left his role as reporter at the Richmond & Twickenham Times.
- Charlie Lyon has been appointed editor at Crumbs Cotswolds. She was previously the editor at Bristol Property Live.
- Duncan Hall has been appointed assistant editor at Sussex Life.
- Kevin Scott has been appointed business correspondent at Glasgow daily The Herald. He was previously editor of Scottish Local Retailer.
- The Eastern Daily Press has appointed Stuart Anderson as a reporter. Stuart joins from Portsmouth-based daily The News.
On the move yourself? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.