He is joined in the Express newsroom by Andrew Bullock, who has been hired as a TV and radio reporter for the paper.
Andrew was previously a journalist at the Herts Advertiser Series, and has also worked in TV for a number of years.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Gina Bebbington, chief reporter on the Northwich Guardian series, has left her role to join Cheshire West & Chester Council as a communications officer.
- Linzi Watson, previously a reporter at the Glasgow Evening Times, has been appointed editor of Trinity Mirror-owned weekly the Lennox Herald.
- Lucy Lovell has joined the Manchester Evening News as a What’s On writer, focusing on reviews, food and drink, music and nightlife, theatre and film.
- Newcastle daily The Chronicle has appointed Will Metcalfe as content editor, overseeing news content across Durham, Newcastle and the North East. Will joined the paper as local government reporter but has been acting content editor since March.
- The Press Association‘s regional reporter for East Anglia Ben Kendall has joined BBC Look East. He served his last day at the news agency last month.
- Gavin Browne has joined the Lancashire Evening Post as a sports journalist role based at its Preston office. He had previously covered Oldham Athletic and Stockport County for the Manchester Evening News and its associated weekly titles.
- Freddy Mayhew has left Archant weekly the Newham Recorder, where he was news editor, to join Press Gazette in the same role.
- The South Wales Argus has appointed Alice Rose as a reporter.
- Hannah Robinson has been appointed as content curator at the Hull Daily Mail.
- Julian Scully has been appointed as a reporter at the Western Telegraph.
On the move yourself? Email us at email@example.com with the details.