As previously reported on HTFP, Magnus Llewellin, left, was set to move to the role of Scottish editor at The Times.
At Newsquest, he had held overall editorial responsiblity for The Herald, Sunday Herald, The National and the Glasgow Evening Times.
The position is now being looked after on an acting basis by Graeme Smith although the role has also been advertised externally.
Meanwhile The Herald has appointed Margaret Taylor as business correspondent and personal finance editor while Holly Lennon, previously multimedia reporter at The Scotsman, has joined the paper as a junior reporter. Holly will also write for the Evening Times.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Cambridge News political correspondent Jon Vale has left the paper after two years to join the Press Association as parliamentary correspondent. He will be replaced at the News by Josh Thomas, currently a news reporter at the title.
- Sabah Meddings has left her role as business writer for the Eastern Daily Press to join the Daily Mail as city correspondent.
- Alan Young has become assistant editor (news) working across Johnston Press titles the Edinburgh Evening News, The Scotsman, and Scotland on Sunday. He was previously head of content across the three newspapers.
- The Manchester Evening News has appointed Royston Crow and Comet Series reporter Rebecca Day as breaking news blogger, while Andrew Bardsley joins from the Bolton News as city centre reporter.
- The South Wales Evening Post has appointed Jack Pitts as a reporter. Jack joins the Swansea-based daily from the Wilts and Gloucestershire Standard.
- Craven Herald & Pioneer deputy editor Lindsey Moore has left her role to join nostalgia magazine Down Your Way as editor. She succeeds Kevin Hopkinson who is retiring.
- Chris Madden, previously editor of the Dorking and Leatherhead Advertiser, has become social media editor working across Trinity Mirror’s Surrey titles which also include the Surrey Mirror, Croydon Advertiser and Crawley News.
- Sunderland Echo sports reporter Chris Young has left the paper after nearly six years to relocate to Los Angeles where he plans to continue working as a sports journalist.
- Newsquest South London has promoted Rachael Burford to senior reporter, working across the Surrey Comet and Kingston Guardian.
- Sam Petherick has been promoted to senior reporter at the Bath Chronicle.
- Toby Wadey has left his role as politics and local government reporter at the Bournemouth Daily Echo to join Bournemouth News and Picture Service as a senior reporter.
- Estel Farell Roig has been appointed as multimedia reporter at the South Wales Argus.
- Ste Topping has joined the Wilmslow Guardian as a reporter. He previously worked for Manchester news website Mancunian Matters.
- Crewe Chronicle senior reporter Rhiannon Hilton has left her role at the paper to become a communications officer with Cheshire East council.
- Andrew Musgrove has been appointed assistant digital editor at the Burton Mail. He was previously a trainee reporter at the title.
- Bath-based lifestyle magazine The Weekend has named Samantha Walker as editor. Samantha was previously a reporter and features editor with the Bath Chronicle.
- Katrina Chilver has been appointed as a reporter at the Coventry Telegraph, covering Nuneaton.
- Express & Star feature writer Kirsty Bosley has left the paper after two years to go freelance, specialising in celebrity interviews, music and theatre reviews, beauty, real life stories and fashion.
- The Press and Journal has appointed feature writer Cheryl Livingstone as a digital journalist for the newspaper, while Ellie House takes on the feature writer role. Ellie was previously a digital journalist at the Daily Record.
On the move yourself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.