A North East newspaper publisher has appointed a new head of content who previously worked in the same role at a rival daily.
Jamie Diffley has joined ncjmedia as content editor working across its three Newcastle-based titles the Chronicle, The Journal and the Sunday Sun.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
- Swansea Life editor Peter Slee has taken on an additional role as head of commercial content at South West Wales Media. He will be responsible for all commercial content at the Local World-owned publisher including magazine supplements, and the property, jobs and business sections.
- Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Evening Post health editor Katie Baldwin is now on maternity leave. Her role will be covered by health reporter Jonathan Brown.
- The Sentinel, Stoke, has appointed Claire Smyth as crime reporter. Claire was previously a senior reporter at the daily title.
- News Shopper Series senior reporter Tim MacFarlan has left the newspaper and is now working as a freelance reporter for the MailOnline. A replacement has not yet been appointed.
- Surrey Advertiser online reporter Amy De-Keyzer has joined Trinty Mirror online operation Get West London.
- WalesOnline.co.uk has appointed Huw Silk as multimedia journalist. He was previously a trainee reporter at the Northamptonshire Telegraph, having joineed the paper in 2012.
- Gemma Davidson has been appointed as a reporter at the Maidenhead Advertiser.