The judging panel for this year’s EDF Energy Regional Media Awards for the South West of England has been announced.
The awards are designed to recognise the best in regional journalism across 20 categories covering newspapers, radio, television and digital media.
After 11 years, EDF Energy’s sponsorship of the regional media awards comes to an end after the South West event in July.
The awards are owned by HoldtheFrontPage which is now looking into the possibility of obtaining new sponsorship to enable the awards to continue.
The judging panel line up includes a number of experienced editors and journalists drawn from the East of England region.
- Michael Bailey, sports journalist, Eastern Daily Press
- Stacia Briggs, feature writer, Eastern Daily Press
- James Bush, senior journalist, ITV News Anglia
- Chris Hubbard, news editor, BOB FM, Hertfordshire
- Paul Linford, editor, HoldtheFrontPage
- Chris Osborne, broadcast journalist, BBC Online East
- Terry Mitchinson, editor, Welwyn and Hatfield Times
- Bill Smith, photographer, formerly Archant Norfolk
- Tim Williams, managing editor, Archant Norfolk
- Alan Woods, editor, Brentwood Gazette
Judging takes place at the end of May with the shortlist announced by HoldtheFrontPage early next month.
Paul Linford, editor of Hold The Front Page, said: “Regional journalists do a vital job in providing the latest news to their communities, holding authority to account and celebrating local success. The awards honour their efforts and pay tribute to the great work being done across newspapers, radio and television in the South West.”
The ceremony will be held in July.