Staff at Newsquest in Glasgow are back at work following a weekend of strike action.
From there they marched to nearby Glasgow Caledonian University where they held a rally, with messages of support read out from NUJ members across Newsquest as well as various politicians.
They were protesting at proposed compulsory redundancies at the company. The NUJ says three people are affected, while the company says it is now one person.
NUJ Scottish organiser Paul Holleran said: “There was a great turnout.
“Hopefully the company will see there is massive support and review its position.”
Staff at The Herald and Evening Times returned to work on Saturday, while union members from the Sunday Herald stayed out longer, to disrupt key production times.
A further one-day strike for staff at The Herald has been called for Wednesday.
Newsquest said it was continuing to publish its newspapers as normal.
Paul claimed editorial quality had been hit, and suggested that sales may also have been affected.
He said: “We think lots of people never bought them. The Sunday Herald usually sells out but there were stacks of them piled up.”
Herald & Times managing director Tim Blott said on Saturday: “We are a successful and forward thinking 21st century multi-media business caught up in a 1970s-style industrial action – all for the sake of one compulsory redundancy out of a total editorial staff of 300.
“The National Union of Journalists is using its considerable media and political muscle to try to intimidate us but it will not work.
“We will continue to publish our newspapers as normal.”