Two photographers gained distinctions in the November National Certificate Examination.
They were Allan Hutchings, of The News, Portsmouth, and Aaron St Clair, of The Argus.
They were among 16 press photographers and one photo-journalist who sat the NCE on November 8. All the candidates passed.
Allan also won the NCTJ Photographer of the Year Award.
The South Wales Argus Prize for the Best Picture Spread was awarded to Sarah Wyatt of the Derby Evening Telegraph, who sat and passed her NCE in May. For more on Sarah’s award and to see some of her pictures click here
The others who passed the November exam were:
- Photo-journalist Matthew Minshull, of the Express & Echo, Exeter
- Susannah Bateman, of the Hull Daily Mail
- David Bendell, of the Western Gazette
- Peter Bolter, of the South Wales Echo
- Karen Bristoll, of The Sunday
- Jonathan Gawthorpe, of Ackrill Newspapers
- Barbara Golds, of The News, Portsmouth
- Amy Hill, of the Northampton Chronicle & Echo
- Catherine Holt, of the Cambridge Evening News
- Helen Long, of the Slough Observer
- Helen Osler, of the Barnsley Chronicle
- Elizabeth Pearce, of the Falkirk Herald
- Elizabeth Reynolds, of the Evening News, Norwich
- Daniel Rushall, of the Hull Daily Mail
- James Wileman, of Apex Photo Agency
Back to the May NCE results story
Back to the photography index
Do you have a story for us?
Ring the HoldTheFrontPage newsdesk on
01332 291111 x6022, or to e-mail us now – click here