Croydon Advertiser/Surrey Mirror
|Posted: Thu 8 Jun 2017||Closing Date: Fri 30 Jun 2017|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Regional Press, Broadcasting, Training|
Croydon Advertiser/Surrey Mirror – Trainee reporter
The Croydon Advertiser and Surrey Mirror are looking for a motivated and talented trainee reporter to join our team who cover one of the best news patches in the country.
The successful candidate will write content for croydonadvertiser.co.uk and surreymirror.co.uk, with their stories also going in the Croydon Advertiser, the Surrey Mirror and the Dorking Advertiser.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity where you would be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
You’ll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, accuracy and legal compliance.
You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
What you'll be doing
In order to succeed in this role, you will:
· Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content
· Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
· Provide live coverage of news events for live blogs
· Shoot video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs
· Source third-party and social content
· Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
· Be adept on social media, in line with Trinity Mirror policies, to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms
· Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
· Have a full UK driving license
Where you will be based
You will be able to work from our office in Guildford, hot-desks in Croydon and remotely when required.
Send your application, along with a CV and examples of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 30.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 30th June 2017.
Phone: 01483 508700