East Anglian Daily Times / West Suffolk Mercuries
Based: Bury St Edmunds
|Posted: Wed 19 Apr 2017||Closing Date: Tue 2 May 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
We are looking for a Senior Reporter for the East Anglian Daily Times / West Suffolk Mercuries, to cover our west Suffolk patch, based at our Bury St Edmunds office.
This is a great opportunity for a reporter who:
• is qualified to at least NQJ-accredited senior journalist or equivalent
• has at least two years’ recent reporting experience on a daily or weekly newspaper
• has excellent news judgement
• is full of ideas for print and digital platforms
• has a good knowledge of west Suffolk
• is able to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
Good organisation and communication skills are vital, as is the ability to develop an extensive network of contacts and work under pressure. The role will involve spending a lot of the time on the patch, and will also involve working weekends and evenings on a rota basis.
In return Archant offers a competitive salary in the range £19,000 – £24,000 pa, pension scheme, 5 weeks annual leave and other benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download an application pack from www.archant.co.uk/careers/vacancies and send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref. SR04/17
The closing date is: 2 May 2017
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Tuesday 2nd May 2017.
Archant IPSWICH United Kingdom