|Posted: Thu 2 Mar 2017||Closing Date: Sun 2 Apr 2017|
|Employer:||Trinity Mirror Plc|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
Senior Reporter – Bristol
Competitive plus benefits
An opportunity to work as a Senior Reporter to produce stories for the Bristol Post and bristolpost.co.uk as directed and on your initiative to agreed deadlines and standards
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Local World, part of Trinity Mirror Group, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six the thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands (Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Scottish Daily Record, Sunday Mail, The Herald and Western Morning News to name a few) provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Maintain a constant awareness of news and feature opportunities
- Research and write stories as directed by the news editor
- Originate stories and picture ideas on own initiative and write them
- Use social media to maintain contacts and keep plugged in to what’s happening in Bristol
- Develop and maintain a network of effective contacts
- Maintain close contact with news desk and picture desk at all times
- Take photos when required
- Take opportunities to produce and source videos for the website
- Work weekends, bank holidays and evenings as required, with time-off in lieu.
- Upload content, including video and photographs, to our website daily and manage the website when required
- Hit agreed deadlines
- Attend conferences and team meetings as required
- Maintain a professional approach and ensure the reputation of Bristol Post is upheld at all times.
- Undertake training and development as required
- Report all complaints to the news editor
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the news editor, assistant editor, news desk, editor and his deputy
- Be prepared to be flexible with working hours in the event of a breaking news story and in special circumstances
- NCTJ Qualified Journalist or equivalent, preferably with Senior NCE Exams
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays, a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
The closing date for this role is 2nd April, 12016. We will be reviewing CVs as they come in so please do not delay in applying,
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
To apply for this role, please click the link below and follow the instructions:-
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Sunday 2nd April 2017.
Trinity Mirror Plc