Place North West
|Posted: Mon 8 May 2017||Closing Date: Mon 5 Jun 2017|
|Employer:||Place North West|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Reporter – North West – www.placenorthwest.co.uk
This is your chance to join the daily news desk of a fast-moving business news publisher and event organiser.
The role is ideal for an experienced reporter looking to join a growing title. Ideally, you will have at least two years’ experience producing hard news content for business pages.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent attitude and would enjoy being part of a varied and lively daily news operation.
Place North West reports on the built environment for a professional audience. We cover transport, architecture, development, finance, construction, planning, local government and economics; the way places are designed, built, occupied and governed.
You will be joining a small team in a highly productive no-nonsense office. All our roles at Place North West are diverse and, as well as the reporting role which will take up the majority of your time, you will be expected to help out in other areas of the business as required, including managing databases, supporting event production and researching new projects for the company.
- Shared responsibility for publishing daily news
- Generate, write and publish news stories and associated content
- Develop contacts in business and politics
- Help with non-reporter tasks if and when required: events, research, etc
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and juggle different tasks
- Confident, polite, and enthusiastic manner
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Clear thinker, used to working under pressure, with a no-nonsense common-sense attitude
- Team player, energetic approach, willing to learn and respond to feedback
- Keen eye for detail, thorough and methodical
- Interest in built environment an advantage
- Strong interest in media and current affairs
About Place North West
Highly regarded regional trade title
Founded in 2007
60,000 unique visitors a month
Strong brand with deep reach into property and construction community
Actively engaged readers
Valued supporter of regional business
Trusted event organiser with focus on evidence-based market intelligence
The role is full-time and based in Manchester, or elsewhere in the North West for the right candidate.
Contact Paul Unger, editor, and Jessica Middleton-Pugh, deputy editor, on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 5th June 2017.
Place North West United Kingdom