New Civil Engineer
|Posted: Mon 24 Apr 2017||Closing Date: Mon 24 Jul 2017|
|Employer:||New Civil Engineer|
It is a hugely exciting time to be joining the growing New Civil Engineer editorial team. We cover the full breadth of infrastructure news, insight and project reports – at a local and global level. Added to that, last year we transformed into a truly multi-platform brand.
A bold new look for our responsive website and newsletters, and a completely redesigned monthly print magazine, allow us to deliver news digitally and interactively, and in-depth analysis of the major issues and global projects via our app and print magazine. All of this has culminated in us being named Magazine of the Year at the prestigious International Building Press Awards.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified journalist eager to work on nationally significant news stories such as the High Speed 2 rail link and Heathrow expansion, as well as build contacts at the highest level of industry.
- Delivering news – both brief and longer insightful and technical pieces – in a way that suits deadlines in a multi-platform environment
- Writing technical and analytical longer form articles from meetings and site visits on projects at home and abroad
Skills and Experience Required
- A recognised journalism qualification
- A minimum of two years' local paper experience, with a proven ability to get off diary stories and bring in exclusives
- Eager to explore how technology will change what and how engineers build
- Ability to write concisely, accurately and informatively in an engaging style
- Comfortable presenting to camera and networking with industry
The role requires a keen appetite to break stories and develop and use contacts to great effect, as well as generating brief timely news as it happens. An aptitude for technology and social media is a must to ensure the word gets out to our readers and wider network of followers. This is all balanced with a dual ability to create feature length, technically accurate and multi-media content. As a result the role will suit someone who enjoys variety and can manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines. It will also suit an ideas person who can empathise well with what an engineering audience needs.
Please apply to News Editor Emily Ashwell at email@example.com
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 24th July 2017.
New Civil Engineer