|Posted: Wed 19 Apr 2017||Closing Date: Wed 3 May 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
SWNS, Britain’s biggest independent news content provider, is looking for a Northern Editor to oversee its output from the North of England.
We create, publish, distribute and monetise content both in print and online from a network of offices across the UK.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced journalist to head up our newsgathering operations in the North, running a team of photographers, reporters and videographers.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Running the day-to-day news operation and co-ordinating reporters and photographers.
• Searching for and identifying news stories across the patch and beyond.
• Liaising with our syndication partners to maximise their assets.
• Writing and editing copy into a page-ready state.
• Sourcing and licensing user-generated video and picture assets.
• Dealing with the management responsibilities of running a small team.
Working with the news editor of our Leeds office, this is a key position in a growing business that will require both journalistic flair and leadership skill.
Our news operation spans eight offices across the UK and dozens of journalists, photographers, and editors who are committed to upholding our high editorial standards.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have significant experience in news journalism, preferably at a national publisher or agency.
• Be able to seek out and identify potential stories and develop them into content packages which will sell nationally and internationally.
• Have the character and energy to build a loyal and motivated team.
• Be a natural tabloid writer and a stickler for accuracy … with a keen eye for a pun.
• Possess the organisational skills to run a team of staff and deal with HR issues etc.
The position will be based in Yorkshire or the north west, depending on the right candidate.
SWNS is a progressive and forward-thinking content business which spans news, features, images, video, PR, content marketing and market research.
We offer competitive salaries, a fun and engaging working environment and the best career prospects in the business.
If you want to join the team please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Wednesday 3rd May 2017.
SWNS United Kingdom