News Editor (Homepages Editor)
|Posted: Thu 20 Apr 2017||Closing Date: Fri 12 May 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||Competitive + company benefits|
|Sector:||Regional Press, Websites|
The Cambridge News is looking for a talented journalist with newsdesk experience to join our homepages editor team. The team is central to our fast-paced, digital-first newsroom and manages reporters and content for our growing website, which will then be packaged into print. The News has a fast-growing website and a newspaper printed six days a week.
You will be responsible for taking the lead on big stories and inspiring and leading a team of reporters. You will have a major role in shaping and setting the news agenda.
Reporting to our head of content you will:
- Take charge and lead coverage on major breaking news stories.
- Break exclusives to ensure Cambridge News stays a step ahead of our rivals.
- Edit and manage copy to ensure it is accurate and compelling.
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video.
The Ideal Candidate
- Senior experience at a regional title.
- First rate communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven love of news and a flair for writing web-friendly headlines.
- Excellent web and social media skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories.
- Exceptional media law knowledge.
- A flexible approach to shift work – this role will involve days, evenings and weekends.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
Trinity Mirror plc is one of the UK’s largest multi-media companies, employing more than 6,000 people across 60-plus locations around the country.
Our iconic brands include the Cambridge News, Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo and, nationally, the Mirror. Our content is trusted, relevant, reliable and essential on social, mobile, desktop and in print and our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that we provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
We expect our employees to maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation. Ensuring that Trinity Mirror’s editorial and company policies are upheld across the newsroom and maintaining a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code is required.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive salary and pension, along with an extensive, flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
The closing date for this role is May 12, 2017, but applications will be considered as they are submitted so don't delay if you wish to apply.
Please contact David Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 12th May 2017.
Phone: 01483 508700