Multimedia Trainee Reporter
Based: Tunbridge Wells / Folkestone
|Posted: Fri 16 Jun 2017||Closing Date: Fri 30 Jun 2017|
Trainee & junior reporters
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Regional Press, Broadcasting, Websites, Training|
An exciting opportunity has come up to join the team behind the ever-growing Kent Live website and Trinity Mirror’s Kent newspapers, which include the Kent and Sussex Courier, the award winning Dover Express and the Sevenoaks Chronicle.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative and eager to learn, and will have an eye for what content works online in one of the busiest news patches in the country.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories, and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
You will be joining a forward-thinking newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
You’ll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, accuracy and legal compliance.
You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
What you'll be doing
In order to succeed in this role, you will:
· Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content
· Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
· Provide live coverage of news events for live blogs
· Shoot video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs
· Source third-party and social content
· Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
· Be adept on social media, in line with Trinity Mirror policies, to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms
· Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
· Have a full UK driving license
If you think you have the attributes we are looking for please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com before Friday 30th June.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 30th June 2017.
Phone: 01483 508700