Internal Communications Manager
|Posted: Mon 15 May 2017||Closing Date: Mon 29 May 2017|
PR & comms officers
|Employment Type:||Full time|
The River Thames is at the heart of London but in recent years, it has often been overlooked. Tideway wants to help change all that, and we want you to be part of our ambition to breathe life back in to our majestic river.
Tideway is a new company that launched in August 2015 with the sole task of cleaning up the River Thames by tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it’s about building a London that is fit for your children, and even your great, great, grandchildren.
Every year, tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution spills from discharge gates along the tidal river embankment, and that simply has to stop. Construction on the tunnel starts in 2016 and will take seven years to complete.
Tideway is responsible for financing and delivery of the ~£4.2 billion Thames Tideway Tunnel to scope, quality, schedule and budget expectations of stakeholders including Government, Ofwat, EA, TWUL and London wide stakeholders.
The success of the Thames Tideway Tunnel programme depends on maintaining strong and positive engagement of stakeholders – both internal and external.
You can join us to help clean up London’s river together by applying for this role:
A communications professional, who understands all aspects of the communication mix, particularly internal communications.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Communications Manager to join our External Affairs team at Tideway. In this key position the successful candidate will work closely with business units across the organisation, taking responsibility for planning and delivering an impactful, cost effective, project-wide employee communications strategy, aligned closely with broader stakeholder engagement activities.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate and Public Affairs, the Internal Communications Manager will have particularly close collaboration with Human Resources and Health Safety and Wellbeing. This will define and develop innovative, industry-leading internal campaigns, enhancing employees’ morale and the project’s ability to attract and retain staff, creating a positive, united, ‘one team’ culture.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
• Identification and management of all internal communication channels (including social media outlets, such as Yammer) needed to deliver strategic objectives, maintaining a motivated workforce. This remit covers include the effective management of notification service, including in crisis scenarios.
• Acting as the champion of good, ensuring two-way internal communications across Tideway
• Producing weekly internal employee memos; delivery and co-ordination of monthly staff briefings and production of managers’ team briefing materials.
• Facilitating employee’s understanding of the company, via its systems, and processes
• Managing relationships with internal stakeholders to effectively coordinate communications needs, avoiding duplications of cost and effort and ensuring initiatives are rolled out in an effective integrated fashion.
• Developing internal communications materials and channels (including the content of intranet site), ensuring they meet all brand requirements and are characterised by high quality writing and imagery.
• Implementing effective campaign planning in support of communications strategy to drive employee engagement and understanding of key business initiatives.
• Supporting the leadership team in the delivery and improvement of the monthly company briefing and weekly memo.
• Driving awareness and participation in the annual employee engagement survey.
• Ensuring communication channels are fit for purpose and regularly reviewed to meet the company requirements.
• Supporting managers in the delivery of localised employee engagement and team events, workshops and conferences, as required.
• Promoting Tideway’s vision and values to all staff; to including motivating them to support community, voluntary and charitable activities, in liaison with project partners.
• Ensuring Health Safety and Wellbeing campaigns are of a high quality and delivered with maximum impact.
• Evaluating and measuring effectiveness of internal campaigns and activities.
The ideal candidate will have the following Skills and Experience:
• A strong understanding of internal communications within an infrastructure or project environment where the target population are largely subject matter experts
•Comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Delivery of an internal communications strategy in a fast-paced environment
•Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate both with senior managers and individuals charged with running processes at an operational level; enjoys developing effective networks
•Diplomatic and persuasive with an ability to cope with patience and fortitude.
•Creativity and flair with an ability to manage ambiguity
• Experienced of liaising sensitively with Senior Leadership Team and other stakeholders
•The ability to train and develop others in communication skills
•Highly organised with an ability to multi-task
•Flexible and adaptable supporting out of hours event requirements if required
•Uses own initiative whilst working towards Continuous Improvement
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail
•Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
Thames Tideway Tunnel is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
Salary Commensurate with skills and experience
30 days leave
Matched Pension Scheme
Private Medical Insurance
Company Bonus Scheme
To apply please follow the link https://www.tideway.london/about-us/jobs?jobid=495614
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 29th May 2017.
Phone: 0203 429 1100