Insider Media Limited
|Posted: Fri 2 Jun 2017||Closing Date: Fri 30 Jun 2017|
|Employer:||Insider Media Limited|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Sector:||Specialist Press, Magazines|
Insider Media Limited is looking for a talented Editor to join its team in the South West.
Since its launch in 2007, South West Business Insider has become established as the only pan-South West business magazine. Its reach is increasing and next year new product development will ensure that there are more editorial pages for the Insider Magazine. The division also hosts a growing number of business events and also has a market-leading regional news email newsletter.
• The successful new Editor will ideally already have at least five years’ experience of writing for the B2B market and ideally have magazine experience too. The new Editor will have an English or Journalism degree or a Batchelor’s degree in a related field.
• The Editor will be highly organised and able to prioritise the workload to meet tight deadlines. The successful candidate will be able to work calmly under pressure with a strong sense of accountability and pride in the publication. The role will suit someone looking for a role that is fast-paced, wide-ranging, challenging and rewarding.
• As well as ensuring that specific business sector coverage in the magazine is the very best it can be for our readership, which comprises business owners and senior managers, the Editor will take responsibility for chairing events such networking breakfast debates, round table discussions and black tie dinners.
• Reporting into the Editorial Director, the Editor will be expected to get behind the scenes to give Insider insight into how entrepreneurs are increasing profit and making their businesses successful across a wide range of business sectors to inspire and inform our readers.
• Therefore, in addition to strong writing and editing skills, the successful applicant will be comfortable in front of an audience and no stranger to speaking to audiences both small (chairing round table events for circa 8 – 10 attendees) and large black tie dinners for circa 500 people or more.
• Our successful email newsletter team also interact with the Editor covering exclusive and breaking news. The successful candidate must be social-media savvy and keen to engage with the audience in print, in person and online.
Insider is currently formulating a new plan for the development of our social media capability, video and webcasts / podcasts will all be part of the exciting mix that the editor will be involved in to expand the reach of Insider across the region.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right applicant. All staff have a personal development plan as we offer careers, not just a job.
If you would like a career at Insider then please send your full CV plus 3 articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to: Miri Thomas, Group Editorial Director, email@example.com.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 30th June 2017.
Insider Media Limited United Kingdom