Based: London/New York
|Posted: Thu 4 May 2017||Closing Date: Fri 2 Jun 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
International multimedia content agency and production company Barcroft Media are recruiting for a Reporter/Producer to join their award-winning team.
Barcroft Media supply editorial content to newspapers, websites, broadcasters and digital platforms around the world. We also produce incredible real life documentaries for broadcasters including the BBC, TLC, and Channel 4. Barcroft is known as ‘the home of amazing true stories’ and our flagship YouTube channel, Barcroft TV, boasts over two billion views.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a reporter with a proven track record of finding compelling, shareable stories about the amazing side of life, who wants to develop their skills in digital video production as part of our editorial team. Being a reporter/producer at Barcroft is as much about video production as story finding, and we’re looking for someone who’s excited by the evolving media landscape and the emerging opportunities . The successful candidate will be highly motivated, a fantastic researcher and will be genuinely excited by the prospect of producing incredible real life stories.
Initially this post will be based at our London HQ, before being seconded to New York to join our team in Brooklyn.
Key Roles & responsibilities:
- Researching original, inspiring real life stories that will resonate with Barcroft’s young, passionate audience
- Producing these stories, seeing them through from an idea to a finished film
- Working alongside our editorial and production teams to increase daily output of picture and video content for print, online and broadcast
- Researching and responding to trending content and hot topics
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a proven track record of finding original, newsworthy stories
- Be highly organised and detail focused
- Be a team player and possess a positive attitude with a strong desire to learn and develop
- Possess the necessary initiative and drive to succeed in a pressurised environment to achieve both individual and company objectives
In 2016, Channel 4 invested in Barcroft Media, as part of the broadcaster’s Growth Fund initiative.
To apply for the position, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Friday 2nd June 2017.
Barcroft Media United Kingdom