Hull Daily Mail
|Posted: Thu 8 Jun 2017||Closing Date: Thu 29 Jun 2017|
|Employer:||Trinity Mirror Plc|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|Salary:||Competitive plus benefits|
The Hull Daily Mail has a rare and exciting opportunity to join the content desk as a Digital Publisher. You will be responsible for commissioning, editing and publishing content for our digital and print platforms.
Reporting to the Senior Content Editor, your role will involve organising and managing the creation and publication of compelling and engaging content to drive our continuing audience growth.
Hull is the UK City of Culture 2017 and a fantastic place to live and work.
- The content desk oversees the commissioning, publishing and sharing of live news, trending content, planned and advance content, which includes words, pictures and videos
- Manage live daily content schedule and copy flow for the Hull Daily Mil on web, mobile, app and social, in support of audience targets
- Use analytics to inform content decision-making and commissions at all times
- Ensure search engine-optimised, engaging, legally sound and accurate content is delivered in line with audience demand and trends
- Lead compilation of daily content lists in communication with content creators, playing an active role in conferences and planning meetings as required
- Ensure that content is promoted via an effective social media presence
- Involvement in managing a team of reporters, video reporters and photographers, providing clear briefings and feedback on content requirements
- Assist in general uploading, digital content creation and website management
- Maintain a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
- Maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation and Trinity Mirror’s editorial and company policies, and ensure these standards are upheld across the newsroom
The Ideal Candidate
- Trinity Mirror or equivalent journalist qualification (or relevant time-served experience)
- At least two years of experience in content writing, editing and/or management
- Demonstrable experience of team management and motivation
- An expert storyteller with a thorough understanding of how to create engaging content
- Excellent understanding of SEO, search, social and digital audience behaviour
- Proven digital skills including experience of using a content management system
- Ability to use and apply learning through digital analytics
- Adaptable and flexible
- Creativity and flair
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to present confidently
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, highly organised and able to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
- Full driving licence
To apply please use the below link.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 29th June 2017.
Trinity Mirror Plc