Woking News & Mail
|Posted: Thu 18 May 2017||Closing Date: Thu 1 Jun 2017|
|Employer:||Woking News & Mail|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Vacancy for a Deputy Editor.
Key Duties and responsibilities include:
• Writing and sub-editing
• Liaising with contributors as well as pre-press production ensuring quality levels remain consistently high, in line with house style and within deadline
• Perform independent checks and corroboration of supplied content to ensure accuracy and fairness
• Managing photo diary and photographers
• Managing and prioritising workflow and news queue
• Assisting editor to organise content and layout
• Editing the paper in the editor’s absence
• Background as a journalist and/or sub editor in daily or weekly newspapers is critical
• Excellent and proven writing & sub-editing skills
• Solid planning and communication skills
• Proven success in “spotting the story”
• Working knowledge of page layout
The successful candidate will be professional, creative, committed and flexible. He or she must also have a good knowledge of Woking and its surrounding area.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Terry Tidbury, Managing Director via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Thursday 1st June 2017.
Woking News & Mail United Kingdom