Yorkshire Business Insider
|Posted: Wed 19 Jul 2017||Closing Date: Mon 21 Aug 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
Yorkshire Business Insider
Independent regional B2B media company Insider Media is looking for a talented Business Editor with print magazine experience to join its editorial team in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Business Insider is the only monthly, pan-Yorkshire, business magazine. The division also hosts a growing number of business events and has a market-leading regional email newsletter. Reporting to the Editor the Business Editor will:
- Ideally already have experience of writing for B2B magazines.
- Have an English or Journalism degree or a Batchelor’s degree in a related field.
- Be a highly organised individual able to prioritise the events and editorial workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work calmly under pressure with a strong sense of accountability and pride in the publication. The role will suit someone looking for a role that is fast-paced, wide-ranging, challenging and rewarding.
- Be a skilled writer, able to get to the heart of complex business subjects. The successful candidate will be expected to get behind the scenes to give Insider insight into how entrepreneurs are increasing profit and making their businesses successful across a wide range of business sectors to inspire and inform our readers.
- Support the editor and take responsibility for specific events such networking breakfast debates, round table discussions and black tie dinners
- Take responsibility for ensuring that specific business sector coverage in the magazine is the very best it can be for our readership, which comprises business owners and senior managers.
- Be comfortable in front of an audience and no stranger to speaking to audiences both small (chairing round table events for circa 8 – 10 attendees) and large black tie dinners for circa 500 people or more.
- Be social-media savvy and keen to engage with our audience in print, in person and online.
Insider is currently formulating a new plan for the development of our social media capability, video and webcasts / podcasts will all be part of the exciting mix that the Business Editor will be involved in to expand the reach of Insider across the region.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the right applicant. All staff have a personal development plan as we offer careers, not just a job.
How to apply
Send your full CV plus 3 articles that you feel best showcase your writing skills to Miri Thomas, Group Editorial Director, email@example.com.
Please mention HoldtheFrontPage when applying for this role. This advert will expire on Monday 21st August 2017.
Insider Media United Kingdom