The DC Thomson-owned title has appointed Stephen Martin – formerly group head of content at the Daily Record, Sunday Mail and Media Scotland – as its new deputy editor.
Stuart Findlay, who was previously news and content editor of the Inverness Courier and Highland News, has also joined the newspaper as an Inverness-based news and features reporter.
As reported in an earlier round-up, political editor Andrew Picken has been made politics and investigations editor while Rachel Wearmouth from Newcastle’s Chronicle and Journal takes on the role of politics and investigations Reporter.
Sunday Post editor Richard Prest, pictured, said: “I’m delighted to have such talented individuals in these positions. Their appointments will further strengthen our team in Scotland, showing that the Sunday Post is committed to quality journalism.”
The newspaper is looking for one more addition to its team in the shape of a news and features reporter to be based in Edinburgh.
Other recent job moves in the regional press include:
* Four students from the NCTJ-accredited Certificate of Higher Education in Journalism at Wrexham Glyndwr University have landed their first jobs in newspapers. Sam Torr and Amy Sargeson are now working at NWN Media’s head office in Mold, Mike Sheridan has joined the County Times in Welshpool as a photographer, and Shane Brennan is working for daily title The Leader in Wrexham.
* Stuart Rust has joined the Oxford Mail as Witney and West Oxfordshire reporter. He previousoly worked for the Gloucestershire County Gazette.
* Alistair Houghton has become city editorof the Liverpool Echo as well as taking charge of new free business monthly Business Post. He was previously digital night editor for the regional newspaper.
* Media Wales has appointed Dominic Booth as digital sports writer, covering breaking sports stories for WalesOnline.co.uk and contributing to the South Wales Echo, Western Mail and Wales on Sunday newspapers. He was previously a media and marketing assistant at Glamorgan County Cricket Club and a news reporter for the Weston Mercury.
* The Manchester Evening News has welcomed George Odling to its editorial team as a news reporter. George, who has previously worked at the Richmond and Twickenham Times as a senior reporter, joins for three months as part of the Daily Mail trainee journalist scheme.
* Adam John has been appointed as a reporter at the Kent and Sussex Courier.
* Trinty Mirror South has promoted James Chapple to the role of homepage editor for the GetSurrey.co.uk website, replacing Stuart Richards who has been made executive editor (Digital) for GetSurrey.co.uk and sister platform GetWestLondon.co.uk.
* Sunday Herald political editor Tom Gordon is to become political editor at Glasgow-based sister title The Herald. His role on the Sunday paper goes to Andrew Whitaker.
* Simon Mulligan has been promoted to senior reporter on the St Helen’s Star, having passed his NQJ exam in July.
* Claire McKim, digital content editor of The Scotsman, has now taken on the role of assistant news editor at the title, working across both digital and print for both The Scotsman and Edinburgh Evening News.
On the move yourself? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your news.