It’s been another year of great front pages in the regional press and now it’s your chance to choose your number one.
The North West Evening Mail walked away with last year’s HTFP Front Page of the Year prize for its ‘Hear Our Voices’ mosaic splash about a campaign to save maternity services at a local hospital.
This year the CN Group title is in the running again as one of ten nominees for the annual award, voted for by HTFP readers.
Our shortlist covers some of the year’s biggest stories including last winter’s floods, the introduction of gay marriage, the Commonwealth Games, the 70th anniversary of D-Day, the Tour de France, the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War, and the Scottish independence referendum.
You can vote for up to three contenders and the voting form can be found by scrolling to the end of the story, The poll will remain open until Monday 5 January and the results will be published on HTFP that day.
Here is the full shortlist, in chronological order of publication. The links will take you back to the original HTFP stories in which they were featured.
The online voting form can be found at the bottom of the page.
What was the best regional newspaper front page of 2015?
- Bournemouth Echo - For You, Harry (30%, 581 Votes)
- Oxford Mail - This Is What Could Be Lost (12%, 227 Votes)
- Carmarthen Journal - Bring Him Home (11%, 209 Votes)
- Northern Echo - Abandoned (8%, 162 Votes)
- Western Mail - We Won, Spread the Word (8%, 146 Votes)
- Macclesfield Express - United in Grief (7%, 131 Votes)
- Leicester Mercury - 11 (6%, 115 Votes)
- Teesside Gazette - 1845-2015 (6%, 114 Votes)
- Manchester Evening News - Life or Death (6%, 113 Votes)
- Liverpool Sunday Echo - Legend (4%, 79 Votes)
- Croydon Advertiser - Spiderdad (3%, 50 Votes)
- Birmingham Mail - Wanted for Rape and Murder (3%, 49 Votes)
- Newcastle Chronicle - A Nation Divided (1%, 28 Votes)
- The News, Portsmouth - Today's The Day (1%, 22 Votes)
- Norwich Evening News - Glory Glory Norwich City (1%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,931