The judging panel for this year’s EDF Energy Regional Media Awards for London and the South of England has been announced.
More than 250 entries were received for this year’s awards, held in association with HoldtheFrontPage.
The impressive line-up includes two current and two former daily newspaper editors, a weekly print editor and two experienced broadcasters.
The full panel is:
- Kevan Blackadder, editor, Gloucestershire Echo
- Jason Dean, assistant editor, BBC Radio Bristol
- Steve Dyson, media consultant and former editor Birmingham Mail
- Simon Galloway, group picture editor, Bristol News and Media
- Sam Holliday, editor, Bath Chronicle
- Mike Norton, editor, Bristol Evening Post
- Dan Pritchard, EDF Energy regional media manager
- Chris Vacher, presenter, BBC Points West
- Kevin Ward, publisher, East Wales & Gloucestershire at Newsquest, and former editor of Worcester News.
Assisting the panel will be HoldtheFrontPage publisher Paul Linford, who will provide industry information for the panel and support on the website category judging.
Now in their seventh year, the awards cover London, Kent, Surrey, East and West Sussex, Berkshire, Hampshire and Dorset.
Judging takes place at Bristol Evening Post’s offices in Bristol on Thursday 8 September.
The shortlist is expected to be announced the following week, with the ceremony due to be held on Thursday 27 October.